What Is A Shower Recess?
A shower recess is an area outlined with tile or other material that has waterproof qualities. It typically contains a drain to allow for drainage of the shower surface after use.
Most shower recesses come with a glass panel and there is also an option where you can install a sliding door over the same.
- It allows for less accumulation of dirt and bacteria on the normally wet surfaces to make them cleaner over time.
- A shower recess is a safe way to take a shower. It is beneficial because it provides an area where water can flow off of the floor around the drain.
- Provides an area for drainage so it won’t cause small children or animals nearby to slip and accidentally hurt themselves.
- Usually fits in with the overall design of the bathroom and adds functionality
- It also helps you save some space, some cubicles or showers come with built-in shelves and cabinets where you can store your products such as shampoos and sponges.
A shower recess is what you need if you don’t want to compromise on the design and functionality of your bathroom area. It is also easy to maintain because cleaning the shower screen is much easier due to its material.
If you have a small bathroom, then installing one in there will give it an instant makeover without having to do too much. The best part is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on one.
What Is A Recessed Shower Base?
The recessed shower base is basically the flooring of your shower hob. The material of the shower recessed are those that are made from durable materials like stainless steel and glass as expensive, another option are those made from fiberboard, plastic, or acrylic which are much cheaper.
The type of materials used is also important to determine how long your shower recess is going to last.
How Big Should a Shower Recess Be?
Another consideration is the size of a shower recess. You will need to measure the area where it will be situated first before getting one. For the flooring of your shower recess, it usually measures around 100 mm of height, and have a width of 100 mm.
- There are some standard sizes for shower as well as the recesses, but if you want to make sure you get an exact fit, then measure it yourself.
- It shouldn’t be too big or too small and should match your requirements perfectly.
- You can also decide on the size by looking at what you need it for. If you are planning to install an acrylic shower, then make sure you go for one that is big enough to hold the shower base frame firmly.
- Another thing you have to consider is how much space do you have? The walls of your bathroom play a huge role in choosing the size of your shower recess.
- If you’re looking to install an acrylic base instead, then you should measure it before buying anything. Make sure that there are at least four inches of space on all sides to make this fit.
Aside from choosing the material and size, also consider what extra features, such as shelves or glass panels, that you want to have. You can also ask for custom-made shower recesses that are made according to the specifications of your bathroom area.
Shower Wall Recess
If you want to add something more to your bathroom, then a shower recess is one way of doing it. Installing one in there will make the area look modern and well-designed.
A shower wall recess is a hole in the wall where you can store your shampoo and conditioner. They are generally a tiles rectangle and look great as well as being practical.
Aside from that, they can also serve as storage solutions since you can have niches inside them where you can store all your bathing essentials