The main benefit of using Colorbond is that it does not require painting, it is quite easy to maintain. It sure is a great advantage for homeowners who do not want to have to worry about their roofs every few years.
Can You Paint Over a Colorbond Roof?
It is important to check the manufacturer’s specifications first to see if you will void your warranty if you have one. But more often than not you are painting your roof because it is not looking nice.
- Not all paints are compatible with Colorbond. In order for the paint to adhere properly, it needs to be specifically formulated for use with Colorbond.
- If you try to use a generic paint, you may find that it does not stick properly and can lead to peeling and cracking in the long run.
- Painting a Colorbond roof requires specialised knowledge and skills, as well as the right equipment and materials.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint a Colorbond Roof?
It is difficult to give a definitive answer as the cost of painting your roof will depend on several factors: The size and complexity of the roof The materials you choose (for example, whether you want one colour or two) The number of coats required, and if your roof needs a full restoration.
The average price for painting a Colorbond roof is between $700 – $2,500. Including your roof preparation, cleaning, priming, as well as materials used.
What Kind of Paint Do You Use On Colorbond?
You should use acrylic paint that is meant for metal surfaces. This type of paint is specifically designed to stick to metal, and it will help to protect your roof from the elements.
When painting a Colorbond roof, it is important to use paint that is specifically designed for metal surfaces. This type of paint will help to protect your roof from the elements, and it can be found at most hardware stores.
However, the application is better done by a professional who uses a precision type of spray gun and its highly advised you reach out to one.
Steps To Painting Colorbond Roof
1. Prep the roof by cleaning it to remove any dirt or oils.
2. Apply a primer specifically designed for metal surfaces.
3. Apply a minimum of two coats of acrylic paint specifically designed for Colorbond roofs. Use proper tools in applying your paint, a spray gun works best for these step.
4. Make sure that the paint is compatible with the substrate – otherwise, it could damage your roof!
5. Clean up thoroughly and remove all traces and spills and debris to avoid rust stains
6. Allow the paint to dry completely.
What Is The Best Colorbond Roof Colour?
If you do decide that you want your roof painted, then most homeowners prefer choosing a color that is similar in tone or shade instead of an entirely different color.
This can make the process more affordable as well as easier on the eye! In most cases, browns and earth tones are suitable for use on metal roofs, although lighter colors such as whites and greys may also work.
Try match your Colorbond roof with your gutter even if you have to pay for new gutters so they look nice together. A newly painted roof with an old gutter kills the viewing experience.
You can always visit your hardware shop or contact your Colorbond roofing company to get some help in choosing the BEST Color for your roof.